The following information concerns the collection of personal data when you use our website vpc-group.biz.
(1) With reference to the definition presented in Article 4 no. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR” in short), “personal data” means any data relating to you in person. Such data include for example your name, address, email address and behaviour as a user. With regard to the other terminology, and especially the terms “processing”, “controller”, “processor” and “consent”, we would direct your attention to the statutory definitions in data protection law set out in Article 4 of the GDPR.
(2) We process personal data only to the extent that this is necessary to provide a functioning website and to supply the information and services we offer. As a rule, processing of personal data only takes place when you have given us your consent as set out in Article 6, sentence 1, lit. a) of the GDPR or when processing is permitted under the terms of the law, and in particular the legal principles set out in Article 6, sentence 1, lit. b) to f) of the GDPR.
(3) Your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the reason for their storage ceases to apply. Over and above this, storage may also take place when this is provided for by national or European regulations to which we are subject. In such a case, blocking or deletion of the data will take place when the storage period stipulated by the relevant regulation has expired. The latter shall not apply when further storage of the data is necessary for conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
(4) Where we draw upon the services of third party contractors for individual functions of our website or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail of the relevant processes as set out below.
The controller within the meaning of Article 4, no. 7 of the GDPR, the other data protection laws in force in the member states of the European Union and other regulations containing provisions on privacy and data protection is
represented by the board of directors:
- Dr. Ralf Gilgen (Chairman)
- Christian Daumann
- Dr. Daniel Seibt
Telephone: +49 (0) 35433 75-0
Fax: 49 (0) 35433 75-2735
Further details can be found in our Publication data.
Data protection officer
You can contact our data protection officer at the following address:
Dr. Michael Bieber
Head of Quality Management
Telephone: +49 (0) 35433 75-2211
Fax: +49 (0) 35433 75-2735
In your relationship with us, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to Information
- The right to correction and deletion
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
Processing of personal data on use of our website for information purposes
(1) When you visit our website without registering or providing us with information in any other way (“using the website for information purposes”), we only collect those personal data which your web browser transmits to our server. When you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to facilitate the display of our website and ensure its stability and security:
- IP address
- Date and time of the enquiry
- Difference in time zone to GMT
- Contents of the website
- Access status (HTTP status)
- Quantity of data transmitted
- Website from which you moved to our website
- Web browser
- Operating system
- Language and version of the browser
(2) The data listed above are also stored on our servers in logfiles, with the exclusion of your IP address or other data which permit allocation of the data to you. No storage of those data together with other personal data of yours takes place. The identification and temporary storage of the IP address is necessary so that our website can be displayed on your terminal device, for which purpose your IP address has to be stored for the duration of your visit to our website. Storage in logfiles is implemented in order to ensure the functioning and optimization of our website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. There is no evaluation of these data for marketing purposes. The purposes stated above constitute our legitimate interest in the processing of the data. The legal basis for the collection and temporary storage of the above-mentioned data and the logfiles is Article 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. f) of the GDPR.
(3) The above data used for provision of our website are deleted when the relevant session is terminated. Deletion of the IP address takes place after one year at the latest. We only store that information for a longer period when we have previously deleted or alienated your IP address and an assignment of the data to you is consequently no longer possible. The collection of the above data for provision of our website and the storage of those data in logfiles is absolutely necessary for the operation of our website. There is no opportunity for objections.
Processing of personal data by means of cookies
(a) Cookies, which are stored in relation to your web browser:
Transient cookies: These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your web browser. They particularly include session cookies. These store a session ID, which can be used to assign various requests made by your web browser to the shared session. This allows your device to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you log out or close your web browser.
Persistent cookies: These cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may be different for different cookies. You can delete these cookies at any time in your web browser settings.
(b) The following data and information, for example, are stored in the cookies:
- Login information
- Language settings
- Information on the number of times our website is visited and the use of individual functions on our website
(3) The cookies mentioned above are stored on your terminal device and transmitted by it to our server. You can therefore configure the processing of data and information by cookies yourself. You can configure your web browser settings to refuse third-party cookies or cookies in general. In this connection, we would like to point out that if you do so, you may then not be able to use all the functions of our website properly. In addition, we recommend regular manual deletion of cookies and your browser history.
Further functions and services of our website
(1) In addition to the use of our website for information purposes as mentioned above, we offer various services which you are welcome to use if you are interested. For this purpose, it is generally necessary to provide further personal data. We need those data to provide the respective service. The above principles for data processing apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers who have been carefully selected and appointed by us to process these data. These service providers are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored by us.
(3) If personal data is passed on to third parties in the course of services that we offer together with partners, you can find more detailed information in the following descriptions of the individual services.
(4) If these third parties are domiciled in a country outside the European Economic Area, you can find more detailed information on the consequences of this circumstance in the following descriptions of the individual services.
Objection or revocation of consent to the processing of your data
(1) You can revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time. The revocation affects the permissibility of processing of your personal data as soon as it has been communicated to us.
(2) With regard to the processing of your personal data, you may lodge an objection to processing where that processing is based on a weighing up of interests. In this context, we would request you to explain the reasons resulting from your particular situation which lead you to object to us processing your personal data. In the event that your objection is well-founded, we will examine the facts. We will then either refrain from further processing of your personal data, modify further data processing if necessary, or give compelling and legitimate reasons as to why we will continue to process your personal data.
(3) You can also object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time.
(4) Please address your revocation or objection to us at the contact data presented above.
(1) If you contact us by email, the personal data you transmit to us with your email will be stored. The data will only be used to answer your questions. If we do not make use of a third-party provider listed below to implement the contact function, the data will not be passed on to third parties.
(2) The processing of the above personal data has the sole purpose of dealing with your enquiries. This also constitutes our legitimate interest in the processing of your personal data. If you have given us your consent, the legal basis for processing these data is Article 6, para. 1, lit. a) of the GDPR. For the rest, the legal basis for the processing of these data is Article 6, para. 1, lit. f) of the GDPR. If the purpose of your email is to work towards the conclusion of a contract, Article 6, para. 1, lit. b) of the GDPR constitutes an additional legal basis.
(3) The data will be deleted as soon as we have completed processing of your enquiries.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you contact us by email, you can also object to the storage of your personal data at any time. Please note however that in this case your enquiry cannot be processed further. You can issue the revocation or the objection by sending an email to our email address as stated in the publication data.
(2) We use Google Analytics for the purpose of analysing the use of our website and continuously improving individual functions and services as well as the user experience. By statistically evaluating user behaviour we can improve our services and make them more interesting to you as a user. This also constitutes our legitimate interest in the processing of the above data by Google. The legal basis is Article 6, para. 1, sentence 1, lit. f) of the GDPR.
(3) You can prevent the saving of the cookies generated by Google Analytics by making the appropriate settings in your web browser. In this respect, we would like to point out that in such a case you may not be able to use all the functions of our website. If you wish to prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and relating to your user behaviour (including your IP address) and the processing of that data by Google, you can download and install the web browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
(4) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected. The data will be deleted no later than 14 months after they have been collected.
(5) In order to ensure that Google only processes the data transmitted in accordance with our instructions and complies with the applicable data protection regulations, we have concluded a processing contract with Google. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transferred to the USA, Google has committed to the Privacy Shield Agreement concluded between the European Union and the USA and certified itself. By doing so, Google undertakes to comply with the standards and regulations of European data protection law. Further information can be found in the following link: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active.
(6) Information on the third party provider Google Dublin: Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Further information on data use by Google, settings, opportunities for objections and data protection can be found at the following Google websites:
- Terms of service: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
- Overview of data privacy: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- Use of data by Google when you use websites or apps provided by our partners: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
- Use of data for advertising purposes: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads
- Settings for personalized advertising via Google: https://adssettings.google.com